Should not use DateTime Type Descriptor for BCS Entity

Hi All,

I wana share another finding of BCS SharePoint 2010.

I had few DateTime type fields for my External Content Type, I was developing through VS 2010 to bring the sql data using a sql view. All was working well but when i saw data in external list for these fields the time was coming 5:30 mins more than the actual time (:0 Strange right ! )

like if my actual date is : 2010-12-30 17:31:53.000

DateTime in External List was coming as : 12/30/2010 11:01 PM

After googling for some time I found one article which says BCS WebPart does not understand DateTime. (BCS WebParts are used to show external list data)

So, its alternative I found was to bring the DateTime field data as string into the External List. Which worked well for me.

Ref: Check out 'Joran Markx' answer in this Post

Cheers!

Happy SharePointing :)

Comments

  1. You can overcome the issue of the dates being displayed wrong by seting the Timezone of the WEB to UTC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hide Ribbon on SharePoint 2013 using CSS

Get Comment Count in SharePoint

Configure external site as content sources in sharepoint search